Sunday, February 3, 2013

Woman in Universe of Choices

"Those who lose dreaming are lost. " - ABORIGINAL PROVERB

Last year I went to see Australian Aboriginal art at the Seattle Art Museum. Ever since, I have been painting images like this one, where I let my hand be lead by unconscious. Our unconscious connects us with our body, and through our body it connects us with our ancestors, with our heritage, and our history. I am not Australian Aboriginal, and this not an attempt to become something I am not. At the same time, it is allowing my soul to connect with something that resonates with it. I don't have explanations. Painting this just made me happy, and looking at this makes me happy. Now this painting is a possession of a very dear friend of mine, and that makes me happy too.

© mariana tomas

No comments:

Post a Comment